The Virtue of Patience
Bearing present difficulties calmly
Dear God, Help me to wait without complaining, to see You in my neighbor, and to let Your grace enter this moment so that I may not lose my patience.
- Bearing your own difficulties
- Waiting in line for lunch
- Raising your hand and waiting calmly for the teacher to answer your question
- Raising your hand and waiting for Sister to call on you
- Waiting without complaining
- Jesus, I trust in You! I will not complain.
- I will wait my turn. I will not push or cut ahead in line.
- I will raise my hand and wait for my teacher to call on me.
- I will wait for my turn.
- I will wait for you.
Not that I complain of want; for I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want. I can do all things in him who strengthens me.
Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient over it until it receives the early and the late rain. You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
And all the assembly kept silence; and they listened to Barnabas and Paul as they related what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. After they finished speaking, James replied, "Brethren, listen to me. Simeon has related how God first visited the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;