Last week I unpacked the meaning of the theological virtues of faith, hope, and love. If you missed the newsletter, you could find it here.
I thought it would be helpful to offer some practical ways you can pray for an increase of the theological virtues and nurture them in your daily life.
- I try to grow in understanding of all God has revealed:
- I read and meditate on the Bible.
I do spiritual reading, taking time to read books that will feed my
spiritual life (books about Christian living; books by the saints or
about the saints; the Catechism of the Catholic Church; websites;
faith-based podcasts or blogs; talks)
- I ask God for a stronger faith in Him and friendship with Him by going to
Mass, going to Confession, and spending daily time with God in prayer.
- I trust that God loves me, even though I’m not perfect.
- When I am going through a hard time:
- I look at a crucifix or cross to remember how loved I am.
- I choose to remain joyful and patient in the midst of suffering.
- I continue persevering with God’s help, trusting that He is with
me and leading me.
- Love of God: I treat God as the top priority in my life (in the way I use
my time, in the choices I make).
- Love of Self: I treat myself (body and soul) with respect.
- Love of Neighbor: I am willing to make sacrifices and to deny myself
for the sake of others.
You May Also Like
Interactive Virtue Tree
Education in Faith
Download Virtue Wallpapers