Accepting the bonds implicit in relationships and defending the
virtues upheld by Church, family, and country.
Lord Jesus, help me be steadfast in all my relationships,
with You, my family, friends, and wider community, and faithful to the duties
they require of me. Please increase my loyalty within each of these
relationships so I am always willing to promote their true good, even
when it is difficult. Amen.
St. Charles Lwanga
Charles Lwanga was a head page at the court of the Ugandan king. As their martyrdom approached, he joyfully led his fellow pages in their resolve to remain loyal to the faith and even to their king who was to have them killed.
- I faithfully go to Mass every Sunday.
- I avoid making disparaging remarks about my family members.
- I take good care of school property.
- I fulfill my obligations to my team/group. (I go to practices, games, performances, and competitions; I stay through the entire season.)
- I refrain from all gossip.
After this many of his disciples drew back and no longer went about with him. Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also wish to go away?” Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life; and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.”